The Authority’s strategic planning is the touchstone and the foundation of all its actions and activities, as it defines the goals and priorities for the period 2020-2022. The strategic direction of the Authority is based on four main pillars, which are presented below, and take into consideration the ever-changing conditions of the gambling industry, technological developments and the protection of the public.
- Enhancement of the Authority’s operation
- Improvement of the regulatory and legislative framework
- Protection and empowerment of the players and the public
- Fair, safe and transparent gambling activities
Based on the above, the strategic goals for 2020-2022 are the following:
- Optimization of the Authority’s internal operations
- Improvement of the regulatory framework
- Enhancement of the Authority’s supervisory role
- Development and modernization of the sector
- Protection of the players and the public
In the period 2020-2022, the Authority will undertake initiatives such as improving research and collecting data and exploiting new technologies, specialized training of its personnel, improvement of the regulatory framework, etc. These, among other initiatives, will lead to the achievement of the set strategic objectives.
Our strategic goals for the next months are ambitious and designed to achieve optimal results and minimise any operational and business risks.