The Authority’s strategic planning is the touchstone and the foundation of all of its actions and activities, as it defines the goals and priority pillars for the time period 2018-2022. The strategic direction of the Authority is based on four main pillars, which are presented below, and take into consideration the ever-changing conditions of the gambling industry, technological developments and the protection of the public.
- Upgrade the Authority’s operation,
- Upgrade the regulatory and legislative framework,
- Protection and empowerment of players and the public,
- Fair, safe and transparent gambling activities
Based on the above, the strategic goals for 2018-2022 are the following:
- Optimization of internal operations and functions of the Authority,
- Upgrade of the regulatory framework,
- Enhancement of the Authority’s supervisory role,
- Development and modernization of the Industry,
- Ensuring player’s protection as well as safeguarding wider society from any gambling-related harm.
The present strategic business plan is the tool on which the Authority will rely upon to implement its strategic goals for 2019. The implementation of the strategic objectives is monitored by using measurable key performance indicators for each action that is being implemented, and then based on the evaluation of the indicators, is revised, where applicable, according to the needs and new data that are presented.
Our strategic goals for the next twelve (12) months are ambitious and designed to achieve optimal results and minimise any operational and business risks.