Announcement of survey results on eSports
The National Betting Authority, according to its main responsibilities and the provisions of articles 11 (b) and 29 (c), regulates and supervises the provision of betting services at eSports tournaments.
Therefore, the Authority has conducted research on eSports, whose primary objectives are the following:
- an overview of individual’s typical habits with regards to video games and eSports,
- a measurement of awareness of eSports tournaments among the Cypriots,
- an evaluation of the confidence level of eSports’ fans about predicting an eSports tournament’s outcome,
- an overview of individual’s gambling habits with regards to eSports,
- an investigation of the main reasons for avoiding gambling on eSports tournaments.
The quantitative survey was conducted in January 2018 on a sample of 1000 men and women between the ages of 18-40 years old with a nationwide coverage. You can find the survey on eSports here.