The National Betting Authority would like to inform its licensees that, in view of the latest developments and the Government’s measures to protect public health and to prevent the spread of Covid-19 coronavirus, the measures announced to them on 13th of March 2020 will continue to be in effect until the 13th of April 2020.
The Authority’s licensees are reminded to follow the measures below:
- The submission of applications/requests/documents/letters will be carried out ONLY via email to [email protected],
- The payment of fees, tax and contribution tax will be acceptable only by bank/wire transfer. The receipts of payment will be sent to the email addresses, as applicable so far and as recorded on the Authority’s Directives. Bank cheques will not be accepted,
- The Licenses and letters will be sent by the Authority via email,
- The Authority’s staff, although working from home, will continue to be at your disposal for your service. All meetings will be held via teleconferencing.
In addition, the Authority would like to stress the importance of the responsible implementation of advertising practices and player protection by Class B bookmakers. Specifically, our licensees are reminded for the implementation of the provisions of the Code of Advertising, where:
- They should not portray betting as a prerequisite or means for successful social or friendly relationships,
- They should not portray betting as a form of financial investment or increase of wealth,
- They should not present false or misleading information, and especially not make a reference to the current situation of Covid-19 pandemic,
- They should make clear that participation in betting is prohibited for people under 18 years old and they do not encourage under 18s or other vulnerable groups to bet,
- Digital advertising, where age targeting is possible, must exclude persons who are under 18 years old.
You can find the full text of the Code of Advertising here.
We will continue to monitor developments of the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic and we are ready to take action, where and when required. We are confident that, our licensees will keep an ethical and socially responsible approach during this critical and difficult time that we are all facing.